Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Mill

This is a painting in progress. It is probably not particularly interesting to see a painting that is not quite finished unless you are a student of watercolor. This painting is moving along quite well I think but, is lacking in composition. I have decided to bring some foreground foilage into play in order to complete the piece. I am happy with the background work. the sky is working for me. I have been able to achieve I think the sense of the humidity of the scene. I like the stone work. It is a result of reglazing. I am not happy with the unbroken lines of the mill on both sides. the foreground foilage should take care of the problem. I need to spend more time with the drawing in the foreground. No, I will not be painting to the bottom of the sheet. I will post my finished piece shortly. The finished painting will be $900.00 plus shipping and handling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home